Special Message: Formula Resources
Due to a baby formula recall this past Winter along with manufacturing and distribution issues, the United States is currently experiencing a shortage of baby formula. If you are in need of baby formula, please consider the following resources:
- Contact your Pediatrician’s Office. Often times, pediatric offices may have formula and/or formula samples available.
- Contact your WIC office. WIC is currently working to assist moms with locating their baby’s formula needs. Please contact your local WIC office for assistance.
You may also contact our Customer Service Department directly at 1-888-524-1999, and our team will try to assist you with locating your baby’s formula needs within your community.
Special Message: An Important COVID-19 Vaccination Update for our Members and Providers
When can I be vaccinated?
Vaccine distribution is based on Governor Hogan’s current COVID-19 Vaccination Plan. As of November 2, 2021, any Marylander, ages 5 and older, is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Where can I find COVID-19 vaccination sites?
Please visit the following website to find a vaccination site near you: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine.You can also call Maryland’s COVID-19 Support Line at 1-855-MD-GOVAX (1-855-634-6829) to schedule your vaccine appointment. You may also visit the links below to find a vaccine site in your county.
Anne Arundel County: COVIDVax | Anne Arundel County, MD (aacounty.org)
Baltimore City: Weekly Schedule of COVID Vaccination Clinics in Baltimore City | Coronavirus 2019 Disease (COVID-19)
Baltimore County: Coronavirus Vaccine Distribution (arcgis.com)
Harford County: » The COVID-19 Vaccine Information (harfordcountyhealth.com)
Howard County: COVID-19 Vaccine | Howard County (howardcountymd.gov)
Why should I receive the COVID-19 vaccine?
There are many important reasons to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. One of the most important reasons to receive the COVID-19 vaccine is to protect yourself, your family, and your friends from COVID-19. Receiving the COVID-19 vaccine is one of the most important things that we can all do to help end the COVID-19 pandemic.
Where can I learn more about the COVID-19 Vaccines? Are these vaccines safe and effective?
Information related to the Moderna, Pfizer, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines is available on the CDC’s website at COVID-19 Vaccination | CDC.
To date, three vaccines have been approved for emergency use by the FDA. A helpful article recently published by Johns Hopkins related to the safety and efficacy of the vaccines can be found here: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/is-the-covid19-vaccine-safe.
Additional Resources about the COVID-19 Vaccines: CDC Fast Facts on COVID-19 Vaccines
At Jai Medical Systems, we have formed our own Task Force and Response team in order to appropriately respond to the novel coronavirus (COVID19). Our COVID19 Task Force and Response team has developed a response plan with the following goals and objectives:
- To ensure the health and well-being of our patients, providers, members, and staff.
- To maintain continuity of operations in order to perform core functions as an essential component of Maryland’s public and private health system.
- To cooperate and coordinate with local, state, and federal health agencies.
We will make every effort to keep our members, providers, and other interested parties up to date as this dynamic situation unfolds. At this time, please be advised that Jai Medical Systems is open and operational during normal business hours, and we may be reached through our main phone line at 1-888-JAI-1999. Please check back at our website for the most up-to-date information regarding our response plan and for any other COVID-19 updates.
Important COVID-19 Testing and Informational Resources
- To find a COVID-19 testing site near you today, please visit https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/symptoms-testing
- The Importance of Contact Tracing, please visit: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/contact-tracing
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19: https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/Documents/coronavirus_FAQ.pdf
- For general information related to COVID19, please visit the CDC’s website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html or the Maryland Department of Health’s website at https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/Pages/Novel-coronavirus.aspx.